How do you use a prostate massager?
Once you've found the prostate, you can begin to play around. Using a prostate massager is a mind-blowing experience when done correctly. The following is a brief overview of how to safely use your new prostate massager.
- Try to have a bowel movement at least an hour before starting — and before you shower. While not required, it can help you avoid a messy situation.
- Before you begin, take a breath and relax both your mind and body. This is the key to enjoying your prostate massage. Whether this means taking a hot shower or playing soothing music, do what helps to relax you best.
- Set aside some time. Prostate play is not like traditional masturbation — this is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Choose a quality prostate massager that will allow you to apply consistent pressure and leave your rectum feeling full in the best way possible.
- Have everything at the ready, including your massager, lube, and a towel.
- Get into position. Lie back on the bed, bending your knees up and pulling your feet toward your butt. This will allow you to easily reach down between your legs to insert the prostate massager. At this point, you'll want to generously apply lube to both the toy and the sphincter (trust us, your rectum will thank you).
- Now, slowly insert the toy, making sure it's properly in place, and relax. Close your eyes and give your body 20 minutes or so to adjust.
- After the relaxation phase, begin contracting and releasing the pelvic floor (the same move you make when stopping urination midstream). As you do this more and more, your prostate massage will become more pleasurable, making your orgasm easier to achieve over time. Try exercising these muscles in your spare time to practice.
- Continue to contract and release your muscles. If you get tired, take a break and resume when you're ready. If this is your first time or even your sixth time, don't expect to reach orgasm. Enjoy the ride and know that with a little practice, you'll be reaching that big O in no time.